The SLEs currently deployed through our Teaching school are:
- Anne-Marie Wear English & Phonics Saint Anne’s, Coventry
- Charlotte Tull Science Edgewick, Coventry
- Clare Staines Maths Saint Thomas More, Coventry
- Danielle Kingham RE & SEN St Patrick’s Primary, Coventry
- Hannah Clissold Curriculum & Early Years Moseley Primary, Coventry
- Laura Stevenson ITT & NQT Sacred Heart, Coventry
- Sophie Edge, PE Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Coventry
- Will Allen, Data Pupil Premium and English Good Shepherd, Coventry
- Debbie Enstone, SEND RE ITT St Gregorys Catholic Primary School, Coventry
- Richard Kingshott, Cardinal Wiseman Catholic Secondary School
- Rachel Ellis English Sacred Heart, Coventry
- Annie White English Saint Joseph, Nuneaton
- Elaine Cakebread EYFS Sacred Heart, Coventry
- Hazel Howat Maths Earlsdon Primary, Coventry
- Jaclyn Graham Computing Grangehurst, Coventry
- Kieran Johnston Maths Eastern Green Coventry
- Lauren Davies English Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School
- Matthew Thomas English Hearsall Primary, Coventry
- Megan Scullion English/ Leading Practitioner The Romero Catholic Academy
- Stephanie Rogalski Maths Grangehurst, Coventry
- Vicky Noone Assessment Stoke Primary, Coventry
- Laura McGinty Leading Practitioner KS1 The Romero Catholic Academy
- Andrea Sherratt Principal/ SLE/ Pupil premium review The Romero Catholic Academy Local Leaders of Education
- Helen Forrest Headteacher St Augustine, Coventry
- Debbie Newman Retired Headteacher Previously Corpus Christi, Coventry
- Jayne Ellis Headteacher Coundon Primary, Coventry
- Darren Clews Headteacher Grangehurst Primary, Coventry National Leaders of Education
- Helen Quinn CSEL The Romero Catholic Academy
Specialist leaders of education are outstanding middle and senior leaders. They have at least 2 years’ leadership experience in a particular specialism (eg maths, school business management, initial teacher training).
Their role is to support individuals or teams in a similar position in other schools. They help others achieve outstanding leadership in their area of specialism.
As a Teaching School, we are required to manage the placements of specialist leaders of education. If you are an experienced middle or senior leader who is interested in supporting leaders in other schools, you might want to apply to be a specialist leader of education (SLE).
There are currently just under 5,000 SLEs.
Teaching schools are responsible for the selection and placement of SLEs. This is one part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
For guidance on how to apply to become an SLE, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/specialist-leaders-of-education-a-guide-for-potential-applicants
If you have the skills and experience to join Coventry System Leaders as an SLE, please contact Laura Stevenson (email@example.com) to find out when the application round will be opening.
SLE Application form Blue Sky TSA
Coventry System Leaders